Want some more memory on your RimuHosting VPS? Guess what? It is a RimuHosting free memory upgrade day!
Here is how it works…
Update 2010-06-17: Our first run of the free memory upgrade promotion was a huge success. We were rushed off our feet for 6+ hours doing upgrades. Plus who would have thought giving away stuff could be so much fun?
Update #2 2010-06-28: Yep, we’re doing it again. Quiet Monday at the NZ office. So we will are re-running the free memory upgrades. Offer open for the next 6 hours… (And 6+ hours later we are now done. If you missed don’t worry. Follow us on twitter and get the upgrade next time).
To get your memory upgrade:
- Pop in a support ticket.
- Say: Would you please add some to all my VPSs? And do that for free?
- We will grab the ticket.
- We will add some more memory to your server.
- That will require a VPS restart (we will work to do the upgrade within an hour or hopefully a lot less) of getting your ticket.
- And then we will email you and let you know it is done.
The fine print:
- If the host server you are on doesn’t have any available memory, we won’t be able to add anything extra. Sorry. (But we can talk about moving your VPS to a host with more memory, no problem).
- The amount of memory increase will depend on a few things. Your host server memory size, number of VPSs on your host, and the amount of caffeine in the RimuHosting sysadmin handling the request.
- One free memory upgrade request per customer for the time being :)
- Does not apply to dedicated servers (if only we could add memory there with the push of a button…)
- Does not apply to semi-dedicated / low-contention servers (since those guys have fixed vs. variable memory sizes).
- This offer is valid _only_ for the next 6 hours. So get in quick!
- We’d discourage ‘double dipping’ (requesting multiple free upgrades).