RimuHosting is looking for experienced Linux sysadmins to provide support to our hosting customers as well as to help build and maintain our global hosting infrastructure.
- Founded in 2003.
- One of the original 'cloud' hosting providers.
- Provides affordable, fast virtual machines
- Provides high end hardware for customers running dedicated server clusters.
- Key data centers in London, Frankfurt, Brisbane, Auckland and Dallas.
- Global customer base.
- Operates email, monitoring, DNS, and remote backup software as services.
- 24x7x365 support with a follow-the-sun support team.
- A core group of us work out of our Cambridge-based offices in the heart of idyllic Waikato.
We are looking for people to help build and maintain our hosting infrastructure:
- Install Linux distros on servers (partitioning, RAID setups, familiarity with PXEBoot)
- Are familiar with server hardware (so you are able to direct data center staff in selecting memory types and where to install it, hard drives)
- Manage software RAID setups (removing failed drives, hot swapping in new drives).
- Perform simple switch configurations (changing vlans, port speeds).
- Perform project work: setting up DNS server clusters; scripting CoreOS/Deis/Docker/Kubernetes setups; configuring widely distributed VPNs
Typical sysadmin customer support work:
- Tweaking Apache setups
- Ordering and installing SSL certs
- Troubleshooting performance issues
- Recommending and pricing out solutions for customers
- Installing webapps (e.g. wordpress and drupal)
- Advising customers on appropriate solutions for their needs.
We are looking for people who:
- Write clearly, concisely.
- Are professional, friendly, respectful and helpful (with colleagues and customers).
- Are smart (regarded as having god-like Linux skills by the developers and customers you currently work with).
- Probably have a university degree (but maybe not a tech degree)
- Have 2 or more years working in IT, preferably providing support to end users.
We are seeking 1 or 2 full time staff for our Cambridge office:
- Can relocate to Cambridge (ideally). Telework may be an option for the right candidate.
- Work on one or both weekend days.
- Flexible hours (typically core hours of 1000-1600 NZT)
- Salary range depending on experience $50K -90K+ NZD.
We are also seeking one staff member to work NZT M-F 1800-2359 (=UTC 0600-1159). Telework (from a non-NZ location even) is fine for this shift. It may suit someone in a European timezone. Hourly rate of 14 to 22+ USD depending on experience.
To apply, tell us a bit about yourself over here: